សូមស្វាគមន៏ប្រិយមិត្តដែលបានមកកាន់គេហទំព័រ www.forestincambodia.blogspot.com សូមអរគុណ និង អរព្រះគុណ! សូមចូលរួមរក្សាព្រៃឈឺទាំងអស់គ្នា !!!

Friday, October 5, 2012

Criticism directed at UN, not at judge

Friday, 05 October 2012 Andrew Ianuzzi, From The Phnom Penh Post

I have been informed – rightly, I believe – that my comment in Wednesday’s Phnom Penh Post could be construed as a personal criticism of Mark Harmon.

I assure you, and your readers, that it is not. I have never met Judge Harmon.  By all accounts, he is an accomplished jurist of the highest integrity.

My criticism lies with the United Nations, which – in my opinion – is using the post of International Co-Investigating Judge, rather than the man himself, as a fig leaf to mask the unfortunate realities at the Extraordinary Chambers in the Courts of Cambodia.

As I have said to one of your journalists in the past, whether you put Kofi Annan or Donald Duck in the pos-ition, it won’t make a lick of difference.

The Prime Minister has announced his position on cases 003 and 004, and that, as we know, will remain the final word on the matter.

Andrew Ianuzzi
International Co-defence Lawyer, ECCC

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like Blogger